Alright! First real blog! Let’s do this!
I can not believe how quickly time goes by! I have been home since mid-December and I leave for New York City on Wednesday - what!? This break has been filled with smiles, food, family, and friends, as well as some singing and dancing of course!
One of the main things I have done during this month is working on my resolutions. Now, instead of writing them in a little journal or on a random piece of paper, I wrote them on post-it notes and posted them on my door. Yep. That is the only way I can focus on goal; I am a very visual learner. I posted a picture of it on the blog for proof.
I have 16 resolutions. Some are in the same mindset while others are just complete random ideas I want to achieve. This year I actually want to commit to them. A friend of mine stumbled on her resolutions from last year, and all of them came true. Doesn’t that just inspire you? Well it did to me, and here are my resolutions I want to come true!
1. Be in a Stephen Sondheim show: Yeah. I know. It’s funny, but hear me out. I have not one, but two opportunities this year to be a part of two shows this brilliant man I worship wrote. Hopefully I’ll be in one of those.
2. Learn how to play the guitar: I have always wanted to, and hey, why not? I also want to try to re-learn how to play the piano. Wouldn’t hurt, the business are looking for quadruple actors with Once and Cabaret on the scene nowadays.
3. Read more often: This may be a little difficult with my hectic school schedule, but I was able to finish two books last year. That is a huge feat. Maybe I can beat that with three? Let’s see!
4. Limit cellphone use: This is a MUST. I just keep checking it to make sure I answer a phone call, respond to a text, or see who posted on my facebook wall. My phone can wait! It is not the end of the world if I don’t respond to someone within the hour.
5. I will go to the gym when I can. I will not freak out that I did not go to the gym every other day. Shit happens. I will go when I can, and when I do I will make sure I will take off a gallon of sweat.
6. Audition for everything: Summerstock is coming up, y’all! If there’s an open call happening on the weekend, I’ll be there. Hell, I’m going to freaking Missouri for an open call!
7. Use my time more wisely: Instead of watching Girls, again, I should probably look into what songs to use for my audition book, or find a country/bluegrass song.
And last, but not least…
8. Thank my spirit guides everyday. I consider myself a spiritual person, and with that I need to take a moment in my day to thank my spirit guides for where they have brought me, and where I will be in the future. Yeah, some days are really crappy, but the best come out of it. Just take in the day, embrace it, and thank your spirits for their love and support.
Well, that is what I got! I left some out since they were a bit more personal.
I am looking forward to 2014 and achieving my goals and so much more!
Thanks for checking in! Sending my best to you all!